Video of the week- String. Enjoy!

What do you think is the moral of the video? If I can give a one line summary, it'll be "Patience to Want Nothing!".

When we worry or desire for the things of the world, we often lose focus of God and He will lose significance in our lives.

Read the entry on 23th August "Patience to want Nothing" for more details. Lets develop patience to stand firm on the Word of God, even though victory may seem slow, today!

___________________________________________________________

A Warm Welcome to The Narrow Path, my personal devotionals blog!

It's an honor to have you here, and a greater pleasure to be able to share my thoughts and daily readings to all of you, my fellow brothers-and-sisters in Christ!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

5th July 2006- Restrain your Thoughts

Don't Think Like the World
By Kenneth Copeland

If you think like the world thinks, eventually you will act like the world acts. Unrestrained thoughts produce unrestrained actions. So control your thoughts by bringing them into obedience to the Scriptures.

Program your mind with the Word of God. The Word is spirit and it is life. When your mind is totally saturated with the Word of God, your will becomes strong to exercise authority to overcome every ungodly thought and evil habit.

Don't let Satan deceive you into sacrificing the glory of God in your life for a few moments of self-indulgence and sin. Restrain your thought life. Meditate the Word instead of selfish, carnal thoughts. Keep your eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith.


  • Point to Ponder: If you think like the world thinks, eventually you will act like the world acts.

  • Scripture Reading: Psalm 119:11-18

  • Verse: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)

  • What you can do about it: Restrain your thought life. Meditate the Word instead of selfish, carnal thoughts.

_____________________________________________

Scripture Reading (Psalm 119:11-18):

119:11
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
119:12
Praise be to you, O Lord; teach me your decrees.
119:13
With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth.
119:14
I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.
119:15
I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.
119:16
I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.
119:17
Do good to your servant, and I will live; I will obey your word.
119:18
Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.

_____________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home